Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Acceptance

Have you ever had one of those nights where you can't get to sleep? Just wired to the max, mind racing, body not interested in sitting still?

That's where I was last night, a very unusual occasion for me. I usually drop pretty easily after 11.

But last night I felt like I could have gotten up and run a 6K, which would be a major miracle in my current state. I have no idea where this energy was coming from, but I certainly wasn't going to disparage it. I was grateful to experience a heightened level of energy.

But I wasn't getting to sleep in this state. What to do?

Accept.

I had the advantage of feeling gratitude for this remarkable state of energy, so it was a little easier to move to acceptance in this situation. I decided to stop worrying about sleeping, and...

Accept.

I accept this gift of hyperactivity.

And the release of resistance was palpable. I could feel it's release like a 100 pound weight being lifted from my body. The restriction of my chest was suddenly soft and gentle.

Acceptance. Better than NyQuil.

Comment with your experience, I want to hear...
Follow me...

Peace
Larry

No comments: