Thursday, January 28, 2010
I’m sure you say that all the time. At least, when you’re not figuring out how that next project/budget is going to get done.
I realized a long time ago that my mission is to do my part to make small group ministry a regular part of Unity churches. I know how much of a difference it made when I joined my first book Homestudy at New Thought Unity of Cincinnati. When those seven weeks were completed, I felt that I belonged. Since that day I have always conducted small groups and created book study programs. For more about these, click Here.
My mission has turned into my ministry:
Make it easy and accessible for every church to provide small group book studies.
I just finished reading Tribes by Seth Godin (I highly recommend), and he speaks of making the tribe more connected, tighter, stronger, before making it bigger. Actually, I think “passionate” is how “big” comes about. And people become passionate when they speak their own wisdom. Another author emphasizes, “Verbalization crystalizes ideas.” As enlightening as a talk or lesson can be, congregants don’t get the opportunity on Sundays to discover their own wisdom by speaking.
Tip of the day:
Make it Special.
In my last newsletter tip (Click here) I had talked about the events leading up to the beginning of the small group book study. Each step in the process creates more awareness and excitement about the program, making the “tribe” invested. They don’t want to be left out if the flow of information is relatively constant.
This is never more apparent than during registration for the three weeks prior to the start of the program.
For our first week of registration we had a special announcement from the platform that was a an invitation, an explaination, and a story with which they could connect. The reaction was fantastic: more than half of the openings were filled by the end of that Sunday.
This kind of focus is the best way to ensure that people are empowered and interested in the program. Continuing and building this intense focus will create the momentum for your successful small group book study.
The best way to have successful small group book studies at your church is to let the congregation know that, for these seven weeks, THIS is what the church is about.
A leader not only has a vision; a leader communicates that vision.
Feel free to reply to this email, check out my blog, my web site, or just give me a call. Let me know how I can serve you.
Peace & JOY
Saturday, January 23, 2010
But when I can recognize a lousy mood, I have a choice to change that mood. It's a whole lot easier to wallow in it and allow it to control my activities, not to mention my attitude and joy. But it takes consciousness to recognize it and realize that I have a choice.
When I practice my inner cheerleader, I can tell you, I feel kinda silly. I say, "Do you really think that's going to make a difference?" "I sound like that guy in that comedy sketch..." So be it.
Because it works! I simply say the words of what I AM BEING today, and the transformation begins. "I'm having a fabulous day today." It sounds pretty weak at first. With repetition it gains power and momentum. I add other statements of love, success, worthiness, and suddenly I am BOUNCING out of bed! Let me at it!
Cheesy. New Age-y. Silly.
Doesn't matter. It works. Works for me. Everyone's entitled to their illusions.
Peace & JOY
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Working with Inspiring Connection would be a powerful tool for you to create a truly comprehensive culture shift at all levels of the company in addition to a company's prime movers that a consultant leads and.
All too frequently, attempts at culture shift falls to the wayside when there is resistance from the employees who were not initially engaged in the discussion and training. If they are not invested, they are less likely to act. This could result in minimal impact on the client company in the long run, and the culture shift is sometimes abandoned. Inspiring Connection can engage all levels of a company to empower and embrace the program, resulting in;
- 90% reduction in the time required for company wide buy-in: Typical company culture shift takes 3 years from the time of the consultant training through “trickle down” methods. Inspiring Connection creates corporate inteligence in 2 months.
- 80% to 95% cost savings over traditional training and development methods (for mid-level and front line staff) by focusing the training on level C executives, and using Small Group Intensives for the balance of the company.
- Develop peer respect and inter-departmental trust – team building through common purpose and wisdom sharing.
- 100% accuracy of information dissemination (nothing is lost in the translation from top down): By using the original training material for all participants, the burden of accurate information is released from the executive level.
- 100% active participation and engagement for all relevant employees in concepts and practices: hands-on implementation of the materials and real-time feedback engage all employees.
- Create a common knowledge base for all employees: common language gets everyone on the same page, with the least amount of effort.
I am very passionate about the programs that I create and the impact they have on a community. I believe in the power and wisdom that people find in speaking their own wisdom, and the connection and respect they develop hearing their colleagues.
Send email here for newsletter subscription.