Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Where's Your List, Santa?

No lump of coal this year!

I think maybe the thing that made me wonder if thier really IS a Santa Clause was hearing everyone say that Santa kept a list. He sees me when I'm sleeping (kinda creepy?) he sees me when I'm awake.

And exactly how does he do that? There's 7 billion of us, or does he only watch the kids? Does that mean the adults have graduated, or are they beyond hope?

OK, we can really dive into this in a metaphysical way, but I want to focus on that list.

I don't know about you, but as far as I remembered about the previous 12 months,  that list of naughty seemed longer than my Wish List.

And what happened at Christmas? It certainly didn't look like my naughty list had diminished the flow of abundance in my morning under the tree.

What happened to the list? Did Santa's math skills need a remedial class? Or was this just a big story, this whole Santa thing?

As I've gotten older, I've begun to believe that the metaphor of Santa as the unconditional love that the Universe shows me every day is the true story. There is no list. There is no scorecard.

So that means you can stop keeping your own scorecard. It means you can tear that list up, toss it to the wind, and forgive yourself. As long as you're judging yourself, you're the only one.

Love yourself!
Larry

P.S. Would you like more of what you see? Just click reply to schedule a time to talk and discover.

No comments: