Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Illusion

How do you wake up in the morning? It's an interesting observation to see exactly what kind of mood in which I awake. I haven't figured out the determining factors that contribute to my mood; my level of joy or misery, my optimism or pessimism, my level of acceptance or judgment, or my ability to love and feel loved.

But when I can recognize a lousy mood, I have a choice to change that mood. It's a whole lot easier to wallow in it and allow it to control my activities, not to mention my attitude and joy. But it takes consciousness to recognize it and realize that I have a choice.

When I practice my inner cheerleader, I can tell you, I feel kinda silly. I say, "Do you really think that's going to make a difference?" "I sound like that guy in that comedy sketch..." So be it.

Because it works! I simply say the words of what I AM BEING today, and the transformation begins. "I'm having a fabulous day today." It sounds pretty weak at first. With repetition it gains power and momentum. I add other statements of love, success, worthiness, and suddenly I am BOUNCING out of bed! Let me at it!

Cheesy. New Age-y. Silly.

Doesn't matter. It works. Works for me. Everyone's entitled to their illusions.

Peace & JOY
Larry

1 comment:

Lorna said...

Hmmmmm.... I wonder, Larry, if your free will choice to experience joy is illusory or a conscious manifestation of Truth? Which is illusory, that which we believe causes us to suffer; or, that which is the substance of our true selves and cannot be harmed?