Saturday, May 23, 2009

Byron Katie is the writer of the book Loving What Is, and last night I was able to discover the full meaning of that phrase. As I went to my steposon's high school graduation, so many things happened that I could have judged, or I would have judged in my old state of mind. Instead I just accepted them as they were. I had wonderful conversations that I could never have imagined because I allowed them to happen without looking for a way to control them.

As people behaved the way they were, I was able to accept and honor who they were, and release the judgment of whether that behavior was appropriate for the moment. It was totally appropriate in their mind, and they were right. As I released non-acceptance, the world started to look much more beautiful. As I took down my walls of judgment, the reality of the world began to glitter with magic and joy.

By the end of the evening, I went home enveloped in a cloud of magic, walking with "diamonds on the souls of my shoes". The magic continued to vibrate into the evening as I sat on the porch, listening to the frogs and crickets, sluggish fireflies making their spring debut. The only thing that is perfect is the present.

No comments: