Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dreams

I know so little about dreams. There are so many books and authorities on dreams that I have not looked at, but maybe I don't need to.

There are books to tell you how to dream, the meaning of each and every symbol/object/person in your dreams, how to have lucid dreams, what dreams do for your health.... I'm actually afraid to look at this because I might mess it up. lol.

But one of my belief systems tells me that dreams are here for my well-being. I dream for my health. I dream to try to figure things out, or to bring to the surface the elements of my life that are ready to be "processed".

Even the unpleasant or violent dreams have some role to play. I'm not sure what or how. Maybe that's when I should be reading a book. One day...

But last night I surrendered anxiety to dreaming. I just said, "OK, I am in conflict on this subject, and I let it go to the angels of dreams to sort it out and put my mind at ease." I have to admit, I felt a bit silly at this invocation. I have never done that before. What was I doing? Where did I get this idea? Was it a psychological ploy? Was it prayer? Was it voodoo?

It worked. It seemed to work. I awoke without the anxiety, without the angst of wanting to figure it out, at peace. At relative peace.

Will this work for you? Haven't a clue. I don't even know if it will work for me again. I'm writing it down so that I'll at least remember it next time. Maybe I'll make a list during the day to hand over to the dream angels.

Bring me to my natural state of peace and serenity. Aaaahhhh.....

No comments: