Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Look What I Created

I was very disappointed last night, and left the event frustrated and feeling dejected. I was blaming everyone and everything for the way the evening had gone. But this morning I was able to see that it shouldn't be a surprise! "Look what I created!" (from a process of Radical Forgiveness that seems so appropriate in this situation.)
I realize that I had gone into the evening lacking confidence, lacking interest, lacking a willingness to contribute. And the universe responded.
Today I have the opportunity to accept my responsibility and know that a different approach, attitude, preparation will have a different result. I can create the situation again, or create something different.
And no matter what shows up, it's not a reflection on me.

No comments: